Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Bonus Flavor: A secret about today's review, some cool blogs, and a small teaser announcement

Okay, so, a little secret from the HQ: Today's review was actually a last minute change-up. Until about 10PM Central Time, an entirely different review that had already been written and prepped was going to go up. That one's been moved to Monday.

It's kind of an interesting story, but a bit long, and I don't want to talk about it too much. What I can say is that it's as much a gesture towards someone who makes me glad to have moved back to my hometown as it is an album hitting my ears just right at just the right time to cause me to flip the script like this.

People who read this blog from Facebook might know who the someone in question is, I'm not sure. Interestingly enough, there's a sharp dividing line between you readers - those of you that get here through Facebook links versus those of you who are fellow bloggers.

Speaking of fellow bloggers, shout outs!

Bublee Art. - An art blog specializing in thought-provoking pieces from both the artist and the artist's life experiences. It doesn't hurt that Bublee's a cool cat, and an asset to the little blogging community that seems to have sprung up here.

Smoke Dank All Day - Let's move past the title, if it's not your bag, and move on to the fact that this is what a random blog is about. Blog maestro Dank, another cool guy on the blogger block, throws a tasty mix of fun web content and personal slices of life out for your enjoyment.

An Undesirable Underground - Comrade Joker's Guy Fawkes-drenched slice of the internet was, when I first started reading, a blog of questions and interaction with the users. It still is, as the good Comrade is a very active member of the sphere, but the last three posts have focused on some David Firth cartoons. David Firth is the guy behind Salad Fingers. Don't know what I'm talking about? Click the link and enjoy.

Things are building fast around here, and I'll be working up a little project when I can over the busy weekend to bring a new touch to the blog, a way for all you guys to interact and help me shape what you want to read.

And that's the week in review, guys. Suggestions? Comments? Praise? Hate? Leave any and all of it as a comment here, as an email directed towards awest147@gmail.com, or as a message on Facebook, for those of you that have me there. Have a great weekend, everybody!

17 comments:

  1. "Suggestions? Comments? Praise? Hate?"
    I suggest you comment about praising me before I hate you.

    I did it all! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on those blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I always like going home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the dividing line dividing? Content?

    I think I got to Genuflect through your blog suggestion before, so I don't think I'll have a problem with at least one (if not all) of your current suggestions.

    Now I am really curious about Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah those guys have some good content :) nice read

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome read. can't wait for your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blogs, I follow a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice blogs man and nice posting dude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh, really interesting post, and great blog bra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm following that one bubble art already, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the links, I'll check out those blogs :)

    ReplyDelete