Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kenna follow-up, and some metablogging

Yesterday's post on New Sacred Cow sparked some good discussion and good vibes from a lot of the people who commented.  I'm glad to see that, and in the spirit of keeping that going, I'm going to talk for a minute about the album that came next: Make Sure They See My Face.

I'm sure at some point I'll do a full article on it, but for now, I just want to entice you readers to go check it out by showing you how radically different the style is from the first album to the second.  Here's the opening track of Make Sure They See My Face.



As you can see, the production is a lot more lush with instrumentation, and Kenna comes off a bit more emotional on this one than some of the previous album's tracks.

Unfortunately, Kenna's second album got hung up in development hell because of label politics, just like New Sacred Cow, killing whatever hype could have been derived from the release. Kenna's scheduled to release another new disc, Songs for Flight sometime very, very soon. Hopefully he doesn't get screwed a third time.

Now, on to the metablogging: not that many people seem to have noticed, but there's now a poll over there at the top of the sidebar to the right. Mondays, I'm going to write about what the majority wants me to write about. That's what the poll is all about. So vote! Vote, and be merry!

Have a great Thursday, guys. See you all tomorrow with a new post.

20 comments:

  1. I really, really liked that. I'm all over the place with the types of music I like, but you're getting it right with everything lately. I listened to New Sacred Cow yesterday and liked it, agree with everything you said in your review yesterday. The video for Kenna's Daylight was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, sound really good. good post, cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @imonei: Not too sure if this is metal, sounds like a mix of alternative rock with electronica

    They're actually not bad, liking the "space-y" feeling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood today, but this sort of sounded like hopped-up Duran Duran to me.
    With better synths.
    It almost lost me, then 2:57 happened and brought me back in to the tune.
    Is this their official video for the song or fan made?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, politics. I hope they release that album soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool blog dude I will be sure to follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @everyone who asked: Not the official video. Don't think there is one. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just discovered your blog and discovered Kenna. Great stuff. I'm going to add you to my daily reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kenna is pretty slick, thanks for the info on the album

    ReplyDelete