Thursday, October 7, 2010

Suggest Music Here!

A big part of what I want to do with this blog relies on the people who read it and comment on it.  All of you who have been following my progress these first 48 hours and helping spread the word and links around, I can't thank you enough for helping me to build a readerbase.  Some of you I've already talked about this particular subject to, but this is my first real announcement on what I want to do here, and the first big explanation as to why.

I want to review all types of music from the ten years I've selected, because there's a ton of stuff out there that can be looked back on and dissected.  So suggest me albums that you'd like to see reviewed.  Any and all of them that you can think of.  Through comments on this post, on the handy new Suggest tab up on the top bar, facebook, email, twitter, give me a giant list that I can work with.
Here's why.

The more content I have, and the more diverse it is, the bigger my readerbase becomes.  As that happens, I become able to devote more time, hopefully daily new reviews and other fun posts.  And it can only happen with the support of all of you who are reading right now.  You guys are invaluable in the next week or so.  If everyone who reads this gives me some suggestions and spreads the word somehow to people who will listen -- and maybe have them spread it too -- you guys can help me create a music site that has what you love, through your input and my devotion to top-notch content.

Let's see if we can pull this off, shall we?  So.  Start posting, sending, commenting, and spreading links.  I appreciate all your support thus far, now let's blow this up!

Thanks, guys.  Watch for another small Thursday post around midday and a new review up in the morning.

12 comments:

  1. I've heard that Bon Jovi came out with a new album in the last ten years.... don't know when or the name.. but a review would be interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever scoured the Internet Archive's audio section? You can find a lot of hidden gems there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you have a specific genre of music that you prefer, but Black Moth Super Rainbow is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incubus-Crow After the Murder

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Monster and God is an astronaut! -dis be Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should look up the genre "Nerdcore" (I have some posted on my blog) and do a review of that genre.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man, I'm down with nerdcore. And I'm down with a lot of nerdy music in general. I want to review an OCRemix site album one of these days, but that's a pipe dream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A band I am really into at the moment is The Word Alive, a certain song in particular titled "Are you on drugs?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would listen to MC Frontalots first cd "nerdcore rising" first. In my opinion, that's his best cd, then the other 3 cds are tied for second place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step (2003)

    I was going to recommend something really shitty so in order to review it you'd have to listen to... something really shitty. I decided to go easy on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete