Monday, November 1, 2010

The Century Mark - 100 Followers!

Well, actually, 102. Lol.

It's sort of a tradition on the blog scene we've sorta built for ourselves to celebrate this milestone, and I'll be honest, I've been waiting to get in on this fun. So, I'm going to talk about music some more - just like I'd be doing otherwise.

As I've mentioned before, Deftones are my favorite band. I started getting into them just as I was starting to get bored of Tool back in highschool. Which is why this track was a perfect transition:



Yep, that's Maynard singing on that track. Which, I think, is why so many people who don't really care about Deftones all that much love this cut - it's a great crossover, as Maynard and Chino's voices weave smoothly around each other, basking in the idiosyncratic styles they both bring to the table.

Personally, I love this track for its strong grasp of dynamics as well - the whole band moves from the calm to the quiet to the storm incredibly well in this song. The raw energy of the bridge really shines through, as well.

Thanks for the continued support, everyone! Keep reading, I'll keep delivering the best content I can.

14 comments:

  1. i think this is commercial rubbish but, nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good reviews :)
    I could never really get into deftones, can't exactly explain why though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. Great song. I never heard this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUDE - before I even saw what song it was I was thinking "I hope it's Passenger with Maynard."

    BOOYAH! This is actually how I started to like Deftones - all because I heard Maynard was singing on it. Although that might change now (that punk bastard).

    Also, congrats on 100 (102)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude awesome, the Deftones have always been a favorite and I love Tool too. This song is great in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I come back to give the song a listen. I enjoy Tool, but have never listened to the Deftones before.. The song is really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to go man! here's to another 100!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats man! The Deftones are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great track, and congrats on your milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Listened to the song and... another one not my thing. I ended up not really liking Tool either after all. Tried the song you recommended and just not my type of thing. I'll keep listening in though.

    Congrats on 100 followers btw!

    ReplyDelete